WHY WORK AT SPARK44?
Spark44 is an advertising agency unlike any you’ve ever encountered, and we seek employees of an equally unique character. Our motto? “Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Honest.” Do you have a voice that you feel deserves to be heard? In other words, are you BOLD? This is an agency where your input will indeed be heard, and valued. But, is that input valuable, original and challenging? In a word, is it BRAVE? And finally, are you willing to be HONEST? We value individuals who are unafraid to question the status quo, who challenge authority and fight for the best idea, even if it means possibly losing an argument. We here at Spark44 are a tight-knit group. We are the best in our business. And we are good people.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) works between the Jaguar/Land Rover (JLR) client team and Spark44 teams (NY and LA) and appropriate third party partners (Mindshare, Shift Digital, MovableInk etc.). This team member must be able to determine an overall business objective with JLR and articulate the strategy to the various media/production/creative team(s) to develop the right CRM solutions initiatives ranging from emails to direct mail executions. The Account Executive should have a solid foundation in JLR product knowledge and will need to know all the details of how Jaguar Land Rover communicates with owners and prospects. The SAE should also know general best practices for CRM to help increase brand consideration/loyalty and be able to present/support all work by working very closely with JLR marketing, legal and product planning groups.
- Develop and execute CRM marketing plans for various product launches, and sustaining campaigns for existing vehicles. This includes development of CRM executions across multiple channels (including email, direct mail, social media, digital) that might be part of an integrated campaign.
- Ideally understands the automotive industry, various trends, competitive challenges and identify opportunities to grow the JLR business especially as it relates to how consumers shop online for vehicles and submit leads.
- Needs to really embrace and advocate a fully-integrated approach to marketing, yet have a strong focus and aptitude for how to connect with consumers on a one-on-one basis. Should understand how to develop re-contact strategies for prospects and “welcome” strategies for owners.
- Must be very detail oriented and able to follow-through on very specific tasks, both independently and within a team structure.
- Work closely with JLR’s marketing department, helping progress various projects through the Jaguar Land Rover approval chain (marketing, product development and legal). This includes proactively executing plans and helping prioritize key projects that will help grow and strengthen the Jaguar business. Needs to also be able to work with other JLR clients at the Global level, as well as other Spark44 offices for integration purposes.
- Serve as conduit to the Spark44 teams to ensure communication flow is seamless between the customer database updates (back-end) and content development (creative) by providing clear client feedback. More importantly, must be able to clear communicate with clients to keep the projects moving through the system.
- Work very closely with partner agencies (Mindshare= media, Shift Digital=developers, and MovableInk=contextual email partner, etc.) to develop integrated marketing plans.
- Most importantly, this not a “meeting coordinator” or an “admin” position – just setting up meetings and handling daily client requests. This position requires a strong leadership mentality in helping JLR’s marketing department operate more effectively. Lastly, must embrace the Spark44 culture and attitude, especially within the walls of JLR North America.
- Best-in-class knowledge developing innovative direct mail and email CRM campaigns
- Significant depth of knowledge in understanding and developing targeted list strategies towards a wide range of product offerings and audiences (from mass market to elusive, affluence customer bases)
- Understanding and fluency in CRM analytics and reporting systems
- Strong strategic mind with an ability to understand all levels of CRM strategic development and executions
- Comfortably manage and be responsible for the development of direct and indirect reports. Needs to have the ability to provide clear and succinct feedback on all jr. team members, as well as set goals/monitor progress and growth.
- Ensure client expectations are clearly understood and agreed to.
- Work with Spark44 strategic teams to develop project briefs that creative/production/media teams can execute from.
- Sets up, and leads presentations and meetings at JLR.
- Works very closely with Spark44 North America, MovableInk and Shift Digital on executional details.
- Pay close attention to production, creative and financial details – especially schedule management
- Proactively communicates to both supervisory team members and peer team members on a
- Needs to have a calm, yet confident, demeanor with a “nothing is impossible” attitude to rally
- Provides very clear and specific direction and counsel, with effective follow-through.
- Works through and mitigates team differences towards a solution.
NORTH AMERICA, YET GLOBAL
- Serves as the proactive, and active, voice for the client for Spark44
- Yet, also participates and communicates with various Spark44 and JLR global counterparts to
- Participates and attends (when necessary) global conference calls/meetings.
- Works very closely with Spark44 account and project management teams on project planning, presentations, and budget management.
- Develops creative briefs, points-of-view documents, conference reports on an ongoing basis.
- Has a detailed understanding of JLR product information and can easily review differences in model
line-ups and specifications.
- BA in Business (Marketing, Management) preferred but not required
- 3-5 years related experience (agency experience strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Strong presentation and Excel skills
- Proficiency and aptitude with computer hardware/software
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Team leader
- Strong service orientation
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in Teams