WHY WORK AT SPARK44?
Spark44 is an advertising agency unlike any you’ve ever encountered, and we seek employees of an equally unique character. Our motto? “Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Honest.” Do you have a voice that you feel deserves to be heard? In other words, are you BOLD? This is an agency where your input will indeed be heard, and valued. But, is that input valuable, original and challenging? In a word, is it BRAVE? And finally, are you willing to be HONEST? We value individuals who are unafraid to question the status quo, who challenge authority and fight for the best idea, even if it means possibly losing an argument. We here at Spark44 are a tight-knit group. We are the best in our business. And we are good people.
The Account Director functions as the lead day-to-day client lead on Land Rover marketing communications and initiatives with responsibility for building strong client/agency relationships based on achieving clients’ marketing objectives in an efficient and effective manner.
The Account Director is the liaison between the Jaguar Land Rover North America teams, Spark44, and other third party partners/vendors, including Mindshare. This team member determines overall business objectives with Jaguar Land Rover and articulates the strategy to the various media, production, and creative team(s). This position requires extensive cross-group coordination, outstanding communication skills, excellent account management skills, creative problem solving and a highly organized, process-focused aptitude to manage multiple responsibilities and deliverables. Must be prepared to succeed against aggressive goals and be highly comfortable working with internal and external partners. Must be able to develop strong relationships with clients.
The Account Director must be able to present and support the work both domestically (in the US) as well as globally.
The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity, enjoys creating innovative marketing solutions, and can develop work with real business impact. As part of the account team you will have opportunities to utilize and expand your knowledge and skills in video production, content creation and campaign management.
- Develop and implement marketing communications initiatives for various product launches and ongoing retention and acquisition activities for Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) vehicles across multiple channels as part of integrated campaigns
- Embrace and advocate a fully-integrated approach to marketing. Must be extremely adept at thinking and delivering in traditional channels and how to utilize that content across all mediums. Must have a clear vision of how big ideas can work across mediums and support accordingly. Have a strong focus and aptitude for how to connect with consumers on a one-to-one basis
- Work closely with JLR marketing departments, developing and articulating key business objectives. Proactively develop business plans and help prioritize key projects that will help grow and strengthen the business. Work with other departments within JLR – Sales, Operations, Legal, Product, PR, etc. – to develop comprehensive business objectives
- Understand the Customer Journey and map all customer contact points for clarity and effectiveness in every execution
- Partner closely with the digital, social, CRM and retail teams to understand how best to meet customer needs while delivering on business objectives
- Help to grow the personalized marketing goals of the broader organization – creating scalable, personalized experiences that deliver value for consumers and the business, by targeting communications to prospects and customers along the Customer Journey
- Serve as a conduit to the Spark44 offices to ensure the team clearly understands the business goals, has the information necessary to streamline the creative approval process and can help navigate work throughout the JLR organization
- Work very closely with partner agencies to develop integrated marketing plans
- Consistently communicate with Jaguar and Spark44 global teams to ensure cross-regional integration
- Understanding of the automotive industry, trends, and competitive challenges. Identify opportunities to grow the JLR business
- Most importantly, this not a “meeting coordinator” or an “admin” position – just setting up meetings and handling daily client requests. This position requires a strong leadership mentality to help JLR marketing departments operate more effectively. Lastly, s/he must embrace the Spark44 culture and attitude, especially within the walls of JLRNA
- Ensure client expectations are clearly understood and agreed to
- Work with Spark44/Mindshare strategic teams to develop project briefs that creative/production/media teams can execute from
- Responsible for working with the analytics team to develop metrics-driven plan across the digital owned properties to support a connected consumer experience, and to drive insights on communication strategies
- Develop campaign production budgets, ensuring JLR financial requirements are met
- Manage and supervise support team (i.e. Account Executive, Project Manager) to guide the development of the project deliverables
- Sets up, and leads presentations and meetings at JLR
- Works very closely with Mindshare to review media proposals and media plans, as they relate to the creative executions
- Discusses and reviews business objectives with JLRNA and S44 leadership before gathering various resources in order to keep projects/resources streamlined
- Needs to have a calm, yet confident demeanor, with a “nothing is impossible” attitude to rally cross-functional teams
- Provides very clear and specific direction and counsel, with effective follow-through
- Works through and mitigates team differences towards a solution
GLOBAL, YET LOCAL
- Serves as the proactive, and active, voice for the JLRNA brand within the Global context
- Participates and communicates with various Spark44 and Jaguar global counterparts to ensure integration
- Participates and attends (when necessary) global conference calls/meetings
- Works very closely with Spark44 Leadership team, and JLRNA leadership team, on long-term marketing plans
- Provides a 24-month horizon with ample opportunity to engage with global counterparts and partner agencies
- Keen business acumen and ability to work with members of executive management (internal/client)
- BA in Business (Marketing, Management); MBA is ideal
- 8+ years related experience (agency and automotive experience are required)
- Strong presentation and Excel skills
- Proficiency and aptitude with computer hardware/software
- Strong oral and written communications skills with the ability to effectively convey information in a clear and concise manner
- Team leader
- Excellent creative, problem-solving skills
- Strong service orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- High levels of self-motivation and attention to detail