||Account Management |
The Content Editor will be based at the Client's office in the Midlands and will be responsible for developing the editorial strategy and resultant calendar and communication plans for all social channels as well as website for several related lines of business. The responsibility is Local with a global flavour, which demands that the Editor be culturally perceptive and attuned to the different UK audience needs and perceptions of the brand.
The Content Editor is responsible for helping to drive brand awareness and product consideration through an editorial strategy that embraces business objectives and engages customers through interesting narratives.
- Own the development and maintenance of the Editorial and Social Content calendar throughout the year, from conception, sign off and delivery (in collaboration with Client Services)
- Ensure there is strategic direction and insight underpinning everything created from Editorial through to Social so that content always has a clear objective, purpose and forecasted result.
- Communicating the Calendar and its assets to the UK NSC, as well as the supporting Community Manager.
- Champion the “brand voice” – and ensure its consistent use in all communications
- Develop an editorial strategy that delivers against the broader social strategy through context, content and copy
- Brainstorming new content themes and post ideas for our social platforms with the Digital Strategist and other team members. Identify opportunities, trends and features in the social content space
- Work with S44 and JLR stakeholders to understand and leverage content opportunities for the calendar
- Work with marketing teams to support and shape brand campaigns and product launches through strategic direction on content as well as creative conception.
- Coordinate with the Community Manager and Social Media Account Managers to produce appropriate content, then understand through the interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data how that content is consumed and shared, and why it is valued by audiences.
- Work with the Performance Analyst to understand what content is successful, and why using the data to provide recommendations and insight on future activity.
- The ideal candidate demonstrates a proven ability to motivate and influence those around them with a clear editorial vision and a high bar for excellence.
- Finally, this candidate starts with the customer and audiences in mind and understands the powerful role that creative editorial content can play in a successful and engaging social experience
- Proven track record in previous content-driven social media roles
- Considerable experience in social media marketing or journalism
- Extensive knowledge of mainstream and emerging social channels, including the paid strengths and weaknesses
- A passion for creating successful content
- Experience with and interest in automotive preferred
- Excellent understanding of content and messaging optimisation by channel, and how to build a brand online
- Extensive experience presenting to clients, consulting, facilitating workshops, building and managing relationships with key client partners
- Proven experience running a planning function, with the ability to build and develop content with a clear strategic influence.
- Experience with global brands preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand business process and operations and apply appropriate delivery approach
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Experience with SEO/SEM a plus
- Flexibility to attend off-site events
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written – with a proven ability of writing engaging both short and long form editorial.
- Able to articulate and present ideas with conviction - excellent presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and an ability to make data-driven decisions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Passionate about getting others involved and having fun along the way
Applicant Tracking System Powered by