REPORTS TO: UK Strategy Director
REPORTING OFFICE: LONDON
Spark44 is a new type of agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally.
We’re not an in-house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy, from the point of Intrigue, through an inform stage, to close of sale and sustaining the ongoing relationship.
The Senior Strategist is responsible for:
- Taking the global strategies, and adapting them to develop Land Rover and Jaguar brands in the UK, with particular attention to national communications, direct and retail channels – inspiring great and commercially effective work with everything you do.
- Inputting into the strategies for best in class launch/sustain model campaigns as the portfolio of cars continues to increase over the next few years. Ensuring direct and relationship campaigns are both impactful and commercially effective.
- Working with the other strategists to create best in class campaigns, that are supported by robust reporting and insightful analytics.
- Bringing innovative business and creative thinking to the team to continually improve Jaguar and Land Rover’s engagement and relationship with premium consumers.
- Collaborating with global and local clients and agency partners to ensure the strategic vision for CRM is delivered brilliantly in the UK.
You are at the sharp end of campaign planning. You bring your knowledge of direct and relationship marketing into the overall strategic approach, helping the UK agency and clients to understand how they can use personal communications to change consumer perceptions of the brands: increasing consideration, driving sales, and defining loyalty in all its future forms.
- Contribute to the definintion of long-term strategic goals as well as develop tactical direct initiatives to meet consumer needs for entertainment, engagement and information.
- Understand JLR business goals and how to use our direct channels to meet both business and customer ambitions at every step of the journey, from the initial intrigue through to sale and ownership.
- Write powerful briefs, then provide clear, persuasive briefings. Remain an active contributor throughout the development of the execution.
- Develop research/testing recommendations that lead to a better understanding of our target audiences. Use the insights gained in research to create actionable ideas that drive our thinking forward.
- Track effectiveness of all you do and share results.
- Working with analytics team to continually optimise the CRM experience.
- Be an excellent partner with internal teams, other agencies, other Spark offices and clients. Champion integration, share ideas.
- Act as a consumer advocate to fully understand and shape our direct communications from the consumer perspective.
- Author engaging presentations, POVs, and case studies.
- Share best practice to educate agency and clients.
- Travel to cover live events, client presentations, vendor offices and other Spark44 offices.
- Push the envelope with your strategic thinking. Be the champion of digital and social innovation. Then make it happen.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to rapidly synthesize large quantities of information, identify critical observations and insights, and summarise, understanding implications and uncovering opportunities.
- Demonstrable strategic expertise and history of great work.
- Considerable agency or similar experience in a strategic direct role
- Premium brand experience and / or automotive experience are beneficial.
- Always fascinated by customer data, with the ability to find new ways to harness this for our clients’ success and explain it in the simplest terms.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills. Must be able to write simply and persuasively. Must know how to change register and be sensitive to the different levels of digital expertise of very senior and less senior clients.
- Ability to relate and play well with others – you are a collaborator and an enabler, not an inhibitor.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Inclusive with a natural fire for getting others involved and having fun along the way.
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done.
Job ID: ST03LDN