Job Title: Senior Project Manager (UK)
Function: Project Management
Reports To: Head of Project Management
Reporting Office: London
Spark44 is a new type of agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally.
We’re not an in house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive and luxury goods. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy. From the point of Intrigue, through an inform stage, close of sale and delivery of the on-going relationship.
The Senior Integrated Project Manager, UK (SIPM) will take a leading delivery role across an integrated programme of work, including successful hands-on project/campaign production delivery as well as mentoring and management of junior members of the team. The scope of work is varied and therefore requires the SIPM to have project production experience across all channels including digital, press, print, OOH and video. The right candidate will also have an understanding of CMS-based website project delivery, including an understanding of JIRA, SEO and agile delivery methodologies.
- A key focus area for the the SIPM is to successfully define, scope, manage and deliver large integrated campaign briefs in accordance with agreed project and production requirements and parameters, working closely with other key departments (Programme Management, Strategic Planning, Account, Creative, Production) as well as client and 3rd party agency stakeholders
- The SIPM is responsible for the management of junior members of staff, including formal career management (quarterly reviews), ongoing project support as well as internal reporting of project forecasts, project resourcing, risks and issues etc. to Head of PM as required
- The SIPM is responsible for keeping a programme project tracker (risks, issues, dependencies, etc.) up-to-date with relevant input from the wider team and for timely internal escalation to Head of PM (as required)
- Working alongside the Head of PM and Programme Management the SIPM is responsible for defining and reporting on all delivery aspects of the confirmed programme of work, including shorter- and longer-term resource forecasts against agreed project plans and budget allocations etc.
- The SIPM is responsible for ensuring that monthly financial reconciliations are carried out correctly and in a timely manner across the programme of work (for internal reporting and escalation purposes)
- Working alongside Head of PM and Operations the SIPM is responsible for identifying delivery process improvements across the programme of work and for ensuring project delivery efficiencies over time
- In addition to managing projects internally and with Client partners, the SIPM is also responsible for overseeing all relevant (3rd party agency) production and for managing Spark44’s vendor relationships
- The SIPM must be able to work resourcefully (both independently and in teams), knowing how to support the wider team as well as manage risks and when to escalate issues in a timely manner
- The SIPM must be financially aware and be comfortable with budget management/numbers (incl. Excel / Google docs), always striving to find budget, resource and time efficiencies
- The SIPM must also have the right attitude to the work, the agency and the wider team, ensuring that the best form of communication is always used and that a good example is set for the more junior members of staff
1. To scope, manage, schedule and control all project and resource activities, applying theoretical, technical and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements 2. To manage shorter- and longer-term project resource plans, ensuring that adequate project/team resources have been requested and confirmed
3. To organise and drive daily internal project scrum meetings, project reviews and sign-off meetings as required
4. To own and be responsible for key project documentation, incl. project plans, job start forms, Statement of Work documents, production briefs, reconciliation documents etc.
5. To assist in training of new staff (as and if required)
6. To ensure that work is ready for client reviews based on agreed schedules
7. To gather 3rd party costs and issue PO requests
8. To ensure agency/team compliance with client policies
9. To manage supplier relationships as appropriate with guidance from the Head of PM
10. To oversee production, clearance, cataloging and delivery of final assets to partners for authoring/trafficking and delivery
11. To manage final invoices/billing and closing of projects with Finance
12. To make sure that project wash-up sessions are conducted for all relevant projects and that all learnings are documented and distributed to all the relevant parties
Person Specifications, Qualifications & Skills
- Relevant agency experience managing a range of projects across digital, press and print
- Print production experience (desired)
- Formal project management methodology experience (Agile, Prince2, etc)
- Ability to lead conversations with creative teams as well account teams, 3rd party agency stakeholders and senior client stakeholders
- Luxury/automotive advertising experience is a plus but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Adept at working effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in teams
Job ID: OP04LDN