Job Title: Senior Project Manager (UK)
Function: Project Management
Reports To: Head of Project Management
Reporting Office: London
Spark44 is a new type of agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally.
We’re not an in house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive and luxury goods. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy. From the point of Intrigue, through an inform stage, close of sale and delivery of the on-going relationship.
The SPM (UK) will take a leading role across an integrated programme of work, including strategic campaign activities, large integrated campaign launches, global platform development and CMS projects, etc. The scope of work is varied and therefore requires the SPM to have good knowledge across all channels, including press, print and everything digital. The right candidate will have experience of rolling out CMS-based website / platform projects, including a solid understanding of JIRA and agile delivery methodologies.
- The SPM focus is to successfully define, scope, manage and deliver projects as a liaison between Strategic Planning, Account, Creative, Development, Authoring, Finance, vendors and third party vendors (as and when applicable)
- The SPM is Client-facing for direct conversations regarding projects (budgets, timings, scope, etc.)
- The SPM is responsible for (working alongside the Head of PM and Account) defining and planning the programme of work, including internal reporting on shorter- and longer-term resource forecasts, financial reconciliations, etc.
- In addition to managing the projects internally and with Client partners, the SPM also oversees production (3rd party agency) and Spark’s vendor relationships for their projects
- The SPM is responsible for ensuring timely, in-budget quality deliverables for projects in accordance with the agency’s goals, balancing project details with the big picture
- The SPM must be able to work resourcefully (both independently and in teams), knowing how to manage risks and when to escalate issues
- The SPM is responsible for the management of up to 3 junior members of staff, including formal career management (quarterly reviews)
- To accurately scope, plan and estimate projects (across print, press, digita) and resource needs, ensuring that projects are delivered on budget according to the defined scope, time and cost parameters
- Working alongside the Head of PM to own and manage a programme plan of all current and pipeline project activities to provide the Client and Account team with a concolidated programme view and to aid project prioritsation, resource forecasting, etc.
- To manage, schedule and control all project and resource activities, applying theoretical, technical and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements
- To manage project risks, issues, dependencies and action registers
- To manage shorter and longer-term project resource plans, ensuring that adequate project/team resources have been requested and confirmed
- To organise and drive daily internal scrum meetings, project reviews and sign-off meetings
- To own and be responsible for key project documentation, incl. job start forms, Statement of Work documents, project plans, Production Briefs etc.
- Help to establish and refine bespoke production process in conjunction with the wider Project Management team and the Creative Services team
- Assist in training of new staff in the role of PM (if required)
Project Maintenance and Production
- Ensure work is ready for client reviews based on schedules
- Manage internal and client reviews until final approval
- Gather costs and issue PO requests
- Schedule production kick-off calls with awarded suppliers (if required)
- Ensure agency compliance with client policies
- Manage supplier relationships as appropriate with guidance from the Head of PM
- Oversee production, clearance, cataloging and delivery of final assets to partners for trafficking and delivery
Project Reporting and Tracking
- Manage project risks and issues log, including internal reporting and escalation
- Prepare and manage weekly status reports for all open projects in conjunction with the Account Team and report project status to releveant Stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal Spark teams and the external client partners to resolve any issues that pertain to production scheduling, reviews, or asset delivery throughout the project
- Complete monthly financial reconciliations and be responsible for the internal financial reporting across the programme of work
- Manage final invoices/billing and closing of projects with Finance
Person Specifications, Qualifications & Skills
- Considerable relevant agency experience managing a range of projects across digital, press and print
- Print production experience (necessary)
- Formal project management methodology experience (Agile, Prince2, etc)
- Ability to lead conversations with creative teams as well Account teams
- Luxury/automotive advertising experience is a plus but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Adept at working effectively under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in teams
Job ID: OP04LDN