JOB TITLE: IT Director, Global
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
REPORTING OFFICE: London/Birmingham/Frankfurt
Spark44 is a new type of agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally.
We’re not an in house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive and luxury goods. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy. From the point of Intrigue, through an inform stage, close of sale and delivery of the on-going relationship.
The Global IT Director is a key member of the agency´s leadership team. The role is developing, managing and implementing a group wide enterprise IT business application, platform and infrastructure strategy that will support the businesses objectives and goals, and deliver the technology platforms for sustained growth, operational excellence and improvements to customer experience.
PRIMARY FOCUS - The Global IT Director will:
- Own and deliver the platform and application strategy and roadmap for the Spark44 group – supporting agreed business architecture and specific business goals and objectives
- Develop a multi-year technology platform and application strategy
- Define, operate and report on a set of performance measures (KPI’s) for the IT team
- Provide advice and support to different work streams on process improvements/optimization
- Foster and nurture a culture of continuous improvement and customer experience excellence within the company
- Work with the Operations Directors to help identify and digitize ways of working, best practice and global processes
- Effectively implement and manage a range of enterprise business applications to support the company’s growth, operational efficiency targets, and customer experience strategy
- Operate a pro-active approach to technology optimisation and review with senior stakeholders
- Define and oversee the management of the IT infrastructure strategy including server, network and desktop
- Implement key technology integrations that improve operational efficiency and customer experience
- Ensure Spark44 meets all security and audit requirements
LEADERSHIP - The Global IT Director will:
- Be responsible for the efficient and effective implementation of all technology platforms within agreed budgets, times scales and to agreed business objectives/business goals
- Define and implement KPI measures for the wider technology and IT service delivery team
- Deliver continuous improvements to technology and IT service delivery
- Drive process improvement, business performance improvement, best practice through implementation of strategic business technology platforms)
- Communicating the strategy, roadmaps, implementation plans, business benefits, business impacts and needs
- Continue to drive the security and compliance of the Spark44 domain and offices
ACCOUNTABILITY- The Global IT Director will:
- Deliver the platform and product strategy and roadmap for the Spark44 group
- Meet agreed operational efficiency improvement targets and customer experience improvement targets through the successful implementation of technology
- Ensure program and project milestones are met and all agreed deliverables are implemented
- Effectively and efficiently communicate at all times, and manage expectations of all key stakeholders
- Proactively identify any risks to the business for technology platforms and provide appropriate mitigation
- Work closely with the Operations, MDs and FD to manage technology costs and budgets
COLLABORATION- The Global IT Director will:
- Work closely with the Operations Directors ensuring technology strategy and road maps and clearly aligned to agreed business goals and business objectives at all times
- Collaborate with the agency’s other disciplines/teams, to ensure continual focus on quality, service delivery and customer experience
- Develop, foster and maintain strong working relationships internally and globally with all Spark44 offices
- Partner with other business functions HR, Finance
Program and Project Management Qualifications, preferably Practitioner level – Prince2, Agile etc.
Other appropriate product and technology qualifications a benefit
- Considerable experience in a technology/product leadership role
- Significant experience in enterprise technology program and project management delivery
- Significant experience in a technology based project management environment (Digital Asset Management systems, workflow tools, MRM tools, Marketing Automation tools)
- Proven experience delivering client/customer-facing technology services
- Experience implementing globalized, large-scale technology at an enterprise level
- Demonstrable operational efficiency and customer experience improvement delivery
- Experience in project managing global processes
- Significant customer-facing/business critical technology and product service delivery experience
- Marketing and advertising channel communication/production knowledge
- Experience of adopting/implementing best practice standards and industry frameworks
- Formal project management methodology experience (Agile, Prince2, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Adept at working effectively under pressure, delivering multi-team and multi-location technology programs and projects to agreed deadlines
- Ability to lead and build co-located technical teams
- Good product portfolio and product strategy experience, business strategy/business architecture experience
- A proven fiscal/budgetary management record and ability to effectively support technology finance planning and execution
CORE/ COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Excellent managerial and leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and operate effectively in all layers of the organisation from C-suite, through customer facing and daily operations
- Able to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Able to articulate and present ideas with conviction - excellent presentation skills (both in-person and via phone)
- Highly organized and structured individual, with experience of leveraging accepted best practice
- Commercially aware and strong numerical / financial understanding
- Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic
- Must have excellent emotional intelligence
OUR VALUES. BEHAVIOURS WE LOOK FOR:
Proactivity – willingness to put yourself forward for new challenges.
Acting with integrity, respect and thoughtfulness.
Delivering through others, adapting where necessary to achieve and deliver beyond your own limits.
Demonstrating humility. Adapting quickly to new situations.
Ability to make sound and timely decisions, knowing when to escalate to avoid commercial risk.
Strong analytical skills: thinking short and long term.
Appreciating the value and concerns of other team members. Acting as an Ambassador for your area.
Looking to avoid ‘waste” – be it time, money, energy or emotion.
Actively striving to contribute and support others, building a strong network for yourself both internally and externally.
Demonstrating enthusiasm, energy and imagination. Wanting to contribute to the culture of the agency. Working hard, but having fun along the way.
This job description is not exhaustive and does not preclude future change.
Job ID: OP02LDN