Why work at Spark44?
Spark44 is a new type of agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally.
We’re not an in-house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy, from the point of Intrigue, through an inform stage, to close of sale and sustaining the ongoing relationship.
The Senior Strategist is responsible for:
- Strategic development of Land Rover and Jaguar brands with particular attention on their owned digital platforms – inspiring great and effective work with everything you do. Identifying opportunity and helping turn it into actionable programs of work, the senior strategist will be focused on improving the status quo while keeping one eye fixed on the future.
- Planning best in class launch/sustain campaigns as the portfolio of cars increases over next few years. Ensuring the global creative is effective and impactful in our digital channels.
- Supporting the Digital Strategy Director in developing the yearly program plan, initiating and prioritising projects to maximise effectiveness of the platforms.
- Working with the UX, technology, analytics and creative teams to create best in class experiences on Jaguar and Land Rover digital platforms, utilising the latest technological innovation and supported by robust reporting and insightful analytics.
- Bringing innovative business and creative thinking to the team to find ways of breaking through with premium consumers and breaking down barriers and silos wherever they appear.
- Partnering and collaborating with global and local clients and agency partners to ensure the digital vision is delivered – being statesmanlike but knowing when to stand their ground.
You lead the problem solving charge. You bring together the multiple factors that will govern client success, create compelling arguments for the correct approach, and help our clients to understand how they can use our digital platforms, data and knowledge of a greater digital comparative set to change consumer perceptions of the brands: increasing consideration, driving sales, and defining loyalty in all its future forms.
- Develop long-term strategic goals as well as tactical initiatives to meet consumer needs for entertainment, engagement and information.
- Understand JLR business goals and how to use our platforms to meet both business and customer ambitions at every step of the journey from the initial intrigue through to sale and ownership.
- Write powerful briefs, then provide clear, persuasive briefings. Remain an active contributor throughout the development of the execution.
- Develop research/testing recommendations that lead to a better understanding of our target audiences. Use the insights gained in research to create actionable ideas that drive our digital thinking forward.
- Track effectiveness of all you do and share results.
- Working with analytics team to continually optimise the digital experience.
- Be an excellent partner with internal teams, other agencies, other Spark offices and clients. Champion integration, share ideas.
- Act as a consumer advocate to fully understand our communications and digital experiences from the consumer perspective.
- Author engaging presentations, POVs, and case studies.
- Mentor junior staff and train clients/agency staff on “best practices”.
- Travel to cover live events, client presentations, vendor offices and other Spark44 offices.
- Push the envelope with your strategic thinking. Be the champion of digital innovation. Then make it happen.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to rapidly synthesize large quantities of information, identify critical observations and insights, and summarise, understanding implications and uncovering opportunities.
- Demonstrable strategic expertise and history of great work.
- Considerable agency or similar experience in a strategic digital role – platform knowledge essential but does not have to have been the main focus of previous roles.
- Premium brand experience and / or automotive experience are beneficial.
- Always fascinated by and interested in technology and the use of technology, with the ability to find new ways to harness this for our clients’ success and explain it in the simplest terms.
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills. Must be able to write simply and persuasively. Must know how to change register and be sensitive to the different levels of digital expertise of very senior and less senior clients.
- Ability to relate and play well with others – you are an enabler, not an inhibitor.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Inclusive with a natural fire for getting others involved and having fun along the way.
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done.
Job ID: ST02LDN