Job Title: UX Architect
Reports To: Director of UX
Spark44 is a new type of agency, established as a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover globally.
We’re not an in house department; we’re a separate business with a specialism in automotive and luxury goods. We are Demand Creation Partners. That means we work across all platforms with a clear customer journey strategy. From the point of Intrigue, through an inform stage, close of sale and delivery of the on-going relationship.
We are looking for a UX Architect. A confident and personable individual who has an demonstrable skills in empathy and creativity in the use of technology to engage and solve problems. You have a talent in the production of powerful documentation to demonstrate your thinking for developers, designers and clients. Operating at a midweight level we expect strategic experience planning to be part of your portfolio.
The UX Architect’s main responsibilities include:
- Applying user-centred design methods to translate human needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into compelling and effective experiences.
- Information Architecture (IA) for rich and complex environments; navigation solutions, taxonomies, wireflows, wireframes and prototyped interaction design.
- Maintenance of IA patterns and UX standards across client projects
- Contributing to UX brainstorm sessions
- Close collaboration across the agency’s other internal teams (project management, creative), with technical development teams and Jaguar Land Rover Information Technology.
- Supporting the scoping and effort estimates required to deliver projects
- Genuinely proactive in the presentation and development of innovative digital experiences
- Being able to communicate and demonstrate your thinking confidently with our Client Partners, our Delivery Partners and internal teams at all times.
- Supporting the Senior UX Architects and Director of UX to champion the discipline with internal and client teams.
- Reflect a passion and enthusiasm for great work and a positive team culture.
- Act as a consumer advocate to fully understand our communications and digital experiences from the consumer perspective
- Know our Clients’ brand and business goals and how to find the perfect intersection of these with customer need throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Support planning sessions and multi-disciplinary teams to problem solve, deliver innovative and progressive ideas and to rapidly assess those ideas for viability.
- With the Strategy Team, support regular assessments of our automotive competitors’ digital customer experience initiatives to identify opportunities
- Gather and document business and customer requirements
Jaguar and Land Rover Digital Experience
- Support the evolution of the digital platforms for Jaguar and Land Rover’s global business.
- Develop short and mid-term proposals that will engage and support customers of the brands in their purchase and ownership of Jaguar and Land Rover products.
- Use analytics data and user testing to continuously improve the brands’ platforms.
- Contribute to and maintain Information Architecture and UX asset libraries in tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle and Axure.
- Liaison with off-site content authoring and development teams with internal and external partners.
- Proven ability to rapidly synthesise large quantities of information, identify critical observations and insights, and summarise, driving implications and opportunities
- Experience with UX in agency or client environments
- Leadership of projects and/or key accounts is beneficial.
- Proficiency in more than one of the following: Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign (Spark44 use Apple devices).
- InVision or Principle for rapid prototyping.
- A working knowledge of back-end development
- Ability to research, understand and organize specialised content
- Automotive experience strongly preferred, other luxury/premium sector experience welcomed
- Experience with global brands and global user experience solutions preferred
- Experience with responsive design and solid understanding of interactive web technologies
- A portfolio demonstrating creativity, and innovation
- Good verbal and oral communication skills. Must be able to present confidently and persuasively.
- Diplomatic and professional with the ability to work well with all levels of staff (both internal and external)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Passionate about getting others involved and having fun along the way
- High attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Assertive and resourceful with a proven track record of getting things done.
PERSONAL QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR:
BOLDNESS: Appreciating the value and concerns of other team members. Acting as an Ambassador for your area.
BRAVERY: Proactivity – willingness to put yourself forward for new challenges.
HONESTY: Acting with integrity, respect and thoughtfulness.
FLEXIBILITY: Delivering through others, adapting where necessary to achieve and deliver beyond your own limits.
EMPATHY: Demonstrating humility. Adapting quickly to new situations.
RESPONSIBILITY: Ability to make sound and timely decisions, knowing when to escalate to avoid commercial risk.
PRODUCTIVITY: Strong analytical skills: thinking short and long term.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Looking to avoid ‘waste” – be it time, money, energy or emotion.
COLLABORATION: Actively striving to contribute and support others, building a strong network for yourself both internally and externally.
PASSION: Demonstrating enthusiasm, energy and imagination. Wanting to contribute to the culture of the agency. Working hard, but having fun along the way.
Why join Spark44?
Not content with working for one of the best advertising companies? Then check out the other benefits available:
- 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Income Protection
- Pension (up to 5% contributory)
- BUPA Healthcare or Health Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Programme – up to 20% off JLR vehicles.
Job ID: CR01LDN