Why work at Spark44?
Spark44 is an advertising agency unlike any you’ve ever encountered, and we seek employees of an equally unique character. Our motto? “Be Bold. Be Brave. Be Honest.” Do you have a voice that you feel deserves to be heard? In other words, are you BOLD? This is an agency where your input will indeed be heard, and valued. But, is that input valuable, original and challenging? In a word, is it BRAVE? And finally, are you willing to be HONEST? We value individuals who are unafraid to question the status quo, who challenge authority and fight for the best idea, even if it means possibly losing an argument. We here at Spark44 are a tight-knit group. We are the best in our business. And we are good people.
Spark44 is the first global agency-client joint venture model. Founded in February 2011, we are jointly owned and operated, as a 50-50 partnership between Jaguar Land Rover and Spark44 senior management. We were established to build an effective and cost efficient global marketing communications program for Jaguar and Land Rover, creating specific demand at the necessary immediate levels, and building an image bank to harvest future demand.
Spark44 is looking for a UK Strategy Director to lead both brands and a team of 5. This is an integrated planning role with responsibility across national comms, digital, retail, sponsorship, CRM, and social. The role requires partnering with Global teams around major vehicle launches as well as leading the local activations, initiatives, and partnerships. The UK market wants to lead JLR with innovative ideas that build the business. There is a cast of players, thus personal chemistry and a collaborative approach are vital.
- Manage and direct the comms strategy across Jaguar and Land Rover in the UK Region
- Shape marketing programs, finding innovative ways to deliver effective results against the business goals.
- Lead, motivate and mentor the existing UK Strategy team (Strategists in place for Comms, Social, CRM and Retail (TBH))
- Build close working relationships and leadership positions with clients and vendors/partners to develop integrated channel strategies that drive awareness and consideration, change brand perceptions, influence customer behaviours, and set new industry standards for excellence and innovation.
- Write clear and inspiring briefs. Persuade people by leveraging compelling consumer and product insights. Remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
- Closely collaborate with global planners and strategists to assure UK strategies and creative executions are consistently branded.
- Be a trusted voice in the room to help get great work through a labrinths of approvals.
- Be part of the team when Global creative is presented to UK clients. Responsible for a cogent rationale of the work and it’s potential.
- Assess consumer and industry trends relevant to Jaguar and Land Rover, and present findings as quarterly reports, identifying business opportunities
- If required, commission, manage, and analyse quant and qual research projects
- Lead and challenge others to rise far above the expected, every time
- Contribute to agency growth and culture
- Push the envelope with your strategic thinking. Then get it done.
- Significant agency / planning experience
- Travel as needed; client offices are in the Midlands
- Automotive or luxury experience strongly preferred
- Strong core competency in strategic planning’s bread and butter: research & insights, people & culture, media & connections, and the way they all fit together
- Proven ability to rapidly synthesize large quantities of information, identify critical observations and insights, and summarize, driving implications and opportunities
- Demonstrated thought leadership and strategic planning skills: cases studies with significant business results
- Experience in multichannel marketing
- Depth of experience in traditional research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative) and strong ability to collaborate with suppliers on multiple research projects
- Outstanding verbal and oral communication skills. Must be able to write simply and persuasively
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – listening, coaching, mentoring, explaining difficult concepts in simple language, and ability to relate and play well with others
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Passion and empathy for the customer’s perspective
- Passionate about getting others involved and having fun along the way
Job ID: ST01LDN